Down South Winter Sailing Courses
Forget the snow shovels and head down to the Caribbean with Advantage Boating! Combine adventure and learning in an awesome sailing venue this winter to experience a different type of vacation.
Join Advantage Boating in the Caribbean for a wonderful sailing vacation. We use only the finest ingredients – the perfect locations, ideal boats, outstanding instructors and comprehensive courses. Discover the endless freedom that a new world of recreational enjoyment has to offer. (Read more about the BVI’s )
Our courses are based out of the luxurious Scrub Island Resort in the beautiful British Virgin Islands!
Our program sell out fast. More information available in August 2019! Learn more by joining us for one of our free information sessions:
- Wednesday Aug 7, 2019 7 PM @ Britannia Yacht Club – RSVP HERE
- Wednesday Aug 14, 2019 7 PN @ Nepean Sailing Club – RSVP HERE
- Basic Cruising
- Mileage Builder
- Intermediate Cruising
- Advanced Cruising
Our programs are designed to maximize your learning and enjoyment. Through the week, sailing and living aboard your boat, you will quickly learn the fundamentals of sailboat cruising. Our courses exceed Sail Canada standards, enabling you to attain internationally recognized certification. Months after your program is over, you will remember not only how much fun you had – but equally important – you will have acquired practical skills and certification that will open the door to a lifetime of superb recreation.
We hire only the best instructors to be your vacation hosts. We look for individuals who share our commitment to your successful learning experience. Our Sail Canada certified staff have extensive sailing experience as well as superb teaching and interpersonal skills.
- Beneteau, Dufour and Jeanneau boats (3-4 cabin and about 40′) are used for our courses in the BVIs.
- Comfortable. Well-equipped. Well maintained. Great for learning!
- These are the essential qualities for the ideal course boat.
Our boats offer unparalleled cruising performance. Students are easily accommodated in well-ventilated double cabins as well as single berths. Standard features include hot and cold running water, freshwater deck showers, full galley including refrigeration, a barbecue, private bathroom (head), a stereo, and a dinghy with an outboard engine.
Our boats’ combination of on-board amenities and sailing performance make them ideal for your learning vacation
Great food is the last ingredient to round out your fabulous holiday. Our live-aboard course menu is based on an assortment of healthy foods to make up well-balanced satisfying meals. Six breakfast, six lunches and three dinners are provided. Personal beverages are left to your discretion and remaining dinners ashore allow you to sample the local cuisine.
Our fully-equipped galley allows food to be easily prepared and cooked to perfection.
“People couldn’t understand why I described it as “the best week of my life”. People couldn’t quite understand why Lynne would even consider going. But, after the fact, we would all say it was a wonderfully fun and thrilling experience. “
– Catherine Stedman
Course Package Includes…
- 7 days of cruising, learning and exploring in the beautiful waters surrounding the British Virgin Islands or Antigua
- All boat expenses and required taxes applicable in the islands
- Accommodation and superb cruising aboard our fleet of yachts
- Split provisioning (6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinners)
- Maximum 4 students for the Intermediate, Basic Programs & Mileage Builder programs.
- All texts and course materials
- Superior instruction from Sail Canada certified instructors
- The opportunity to be internationally certified with the Sail Canada Basic Cruising Standard or Intermediate Cruising Standard
- ICC certification also available
- Mileage Builder courses are also available
2019 FEE: $2345 per person (based on double occupancy in a cabin or single in the salon). 2019 Course Brochure.
2019 APPLICATION FORMS: 2019 Down South Course Application Form
2019 Terms and Conditions
- All prices are in US funds.
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of registration to secure your spot. The balance is due 75 days prior to departure.
- Cancellation after Sept 10, 2019 for any reason results in any fees paid being forfeited. This program is non-refundable.
- Flights, land transfers and meals ashore are not included.
Advantage Boating reserves the right to alter program content, boat sizes or types and schedule due to exigencies beyond its control. While Beneteau, Dufour and Jenneau boats are the regular boats used in this program, we reserve the right to substitute suitable yachts as necessary.