Enjoy the freedom of sailing!
“Joining the SSP was a fantastic experience. We sailed all season long and benefited tremendously from our fellow SSP sailors’ expertise. Racing on Thursday nights was also an excellent way for us to perfect our skills and acquire new ones. Not to mention we made a lot of friends and had a blast!”
– Liliane Keryluk
You have completed your lessons and want to continue sailing but you’re not ready to buy your own boat. Advantage Boating’s “Small Keelboat” Sail Share Program (SSP) can be the next step in the continuation of your sailing career. Have fun on the water and further develop your new skills with other new enthusiastic sailors by joining the Sail Share Program today!
Best value at an affordable price
Check out our Sail Share VS Ownership cost comparison chart.
There are 4 simple requirements to join in on the fun:
- Complete your Basic Cruising Standard or demonstrate the equivalent abilities;
- Join Advantage Boating’s Sail Share Program
- Join one of our host clubs Britannia Yacht Club (BYC) or Nepean Sailing Club (NSC); and
- Attend Advantage Boating’s 3 hour boat orientation session
2019 Sail Share Membership Rates
We offer you a choice between three levels of membership which allows you to sail on a 24 foot Shark or 22 foot Tanzer within our fleet of boats all season long.
Level 1 – Full Access Membership — CRUISING 7 days a week, sunrise to sunset and RACING on the SSP boats on Thursdays. (Further details Racing Program)
- Primary Skipper Qualification: $1375 + HST (full privileges)
- Partner Skipper Qualification: $825 + HST (must register with a Primary Skipper, limited privileges)*Save 10% when you join the SSP in the same year that you take your Basic Cruising course.
Level 2 – Cruising morning Only Membership — CRUISING (7 days a week, sunrise to sunset) access to the boats with no racing access.
- Primary Skipper Qualification: $ 1135 + HST (full privileges)
- Partner (Skipper or Crew) Qualification: $ 681 + HST (must register with a Primary Skipper, limited privileges)
- Primary Crew Qualification: $ 908 + HST (limited privileges)*Save 10% when you join the SSP in the same year that you take your Basic Cruising course.
Level 3 – Weekday Cruising Membership — WEEKDAY CRUISING only (Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Primary Skipper Qualification: $ 935 + HST (full privileges)
- Partner (Skipper / Crew) Qualification: $ 561 + HST (must register with a Primary Skipper, limited privileges)
- Crew Qualification: $ 748 + HST (limited privileges)*Save 10% when you join the SSP in the same year that you take your Basic Cruising course.
Big Boat Program – Eligibility and rates.
The boats are in the water from early May until the end of October and the season is based on 24 weeks. The SSP membership rates are pro-rated throughout the sailing season for new Sail Share members, otherwise proration begins on July 1st for past members.
Note1: Two Sail Share Skippers are required for a boat to sail
Note 2: Partner (Skipper or Crew) memberships are limited to family who register for Sail Share (at the same time as a Sail Share Skipper) and reside at the same home address. Partner membership do not have boat booking privileges
Note 3: Crew members have boat booking privileges, but must sail with a minimum of 2 Sail Share skippers.
Note 4: Sail Share fees are non-refundable after July 1, 2019