VHF radios have gone though an equipment change; there is now a new red-distress button on the front of the unit. But do you know how to use it? This course is for those who already have their VHF operator’s certificate but would like to upgrade it to include the new DSC technology.
PREREQUISITE: VHF (ROC-M) Operator’s certificate awarded prior to January 2005.
- Evening Classroom – Materials are given to you during the first night. The first night is spent learning the material. The second night includes a short review and then writing the 20 questions, multiple choice test. Results are available on that night.
- Home Study – Materials are sent out to you. You study at your own pace. Once ready you then call the school to book your exam date – either at a regular school exam night or by appointment during office hours.
- Challenge – You are looking just to write the exam. No course materials will be sent to you. Simply call the school to book an exam date – either at a regular school exam night or by appointment during office hours.
- Classroom – $125.00 + HST – View Schedule!
- Home Study – $125.00 + HST – Register Today!
- Challenge – $85.00 + HST – Register Today!
CERTIFICATION AWARDED: VHF with DSC upgrade Marine Radio Operator’s Certificate.