A comprehensive lifetime preparation course that is a place for participants to learn how to sail. Designed for both students who have no sailing experience and for those who have experience, but want to be sure they learn to sail the right way, from the ground up. Our philosophy is “get as much hands-on learning” as possible and we focus on practical training. You won’t find yourself sitting in front of a blackboard for our classes! Become the confident sailor you’ve always wanted to be!
OBJECTIVE: This course is designed to teach the basic skills and knowledge required to helm and/or crew on a sailboat of up to 30 feet in length. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to sail safely and efficiently, under sail or power, in moderate wind and sea conditions.
28 Hour Format:
- Offered in Ottawa on weekdays, weekends or evenings
- Offered in Kingston on weekends and evenings
- Maximum of four students per boat
- Courses taught aboard our 22 – 24 foot keelboats: Tanzer, Sonar, or Shark
- Minimum of 2 students required for each course. Semi-private courses are taught in 21 hours
- Offered in Kingston (summer season) or Caribbean (winter season)
- Kingston location offered as a continuous 5 day program while Caribbean program is 7 days
- Maximum of four students
- Kingston courses are taught aboard a 30 foot sailboat and
- Caribbean courses are taught aboard a 38 – 45 foot sailboat
* Quelques uns de ces cours sont aussi offerts en français. Communiquez avec nous pour obtenir plus de détails.
PREREQUISITE: None, Physical Requirements.
OPTIONS: Weekends, Weekday Daytime, Weekday Evenings, and Live-Aboard.
Ottawa: $745.00 + HST View Schedule (28 Hour Format; offered in Ottawa and Kingston).
Kingston: $1199.00 + HST View Schedule (* Provisioning not included; Live-Aboard offered only in Kingston).
Our courses include:
- Sail Canada Basic Cruising Certification
- PCOC Certification ($75 value)
- Sail Canada Annual Registration ($20.50 value)
- Membership to two sailing clubs in Ottawa ($450 value)
- 2 Complimentary “Grad Sails” on members’ private boats
- Extra classroom, theory review night
Get Started Now!
- Review the course schedule to find a class that suits your needs.
- Register by adding your course choice to your shopping cart and proceeding to the checkout or calling the office at 613-721-8683.
- Take the on water course.
- Complete your certification by taking the final exam.
- Next steps once you’ve completed your Basic Cruising (Skipper) certification.