Do you want to sail in International waters? Make sure you have the appropriate certifications and documentation to sail around the world!
International Yacht Training (IYT) is a global leader in marine certification. Advantage Boating is an IYT partner school and offers two IYT certifications:
International Certificate of Competency (IYT- ICC <24m Sail, <10m Power Coastal certification): It is now mandatory to hold a recognized International Certificate of Competency (ICC) if you wish to charter a boat in certain European and Caribbean countries. The ICC is a product of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Resolution 40. The ICC provides documentary assurance from one Government to another that the holder meets the levels of competence laid down in Resolution 40.
International Bareboat Skipper (Sail) certification (IYT-IBS) proves the level of competence that one requires when operating vessels:
1. Up to 24 metres
2. In coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore
3. In daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions.
NOTE: These certifications are not meant for the novice boater You must hold the Sail Canada Intermediate Cruising Standard, Basic Coastal Navigation, and VHF-DSC Radio License or equivalent in experience or certification.
FEE (includes study materials)
- IYT ICC certification – $490 + HST (written test and afloat challenge)
- IYT ICC certification – $315 + HST (as an add on option to our Intermediate Cruising course)
- IYT ICC & IBS certifications – $410 + HST (as an add on option to our Intermediate Cruising course)
NEXT STEPS: Sail Share, Flotilla Getaways, Bareboat Chartering, Learn to Sail Program, VHF Radio, Sail Canada Intermediate Coastal Navigation, Sail Canada Celestial Navigation, Sail Canada Advanced Cruising