Have you ever thought about being able to share the joy and beauty of our sport? Do you enjoy teaching others? Then it may be time to consider becoming a Sail Canada certified instructor.
Steps for becoming a Sail Canada Cruising Instructor: Sail Canada Instructor
We are looking for enthusiastic instructors who are eager to share their passion of sailing with others!
We host the following levels:
- Basic Instructor Re-certification – contact us for more details.
- Basic Cruising Instructor Clinic – Starts March 15, 2021
- Start Keelboat Sailing Instructor Clinic – Starts March 15, 2021
- Intermediate Cruising Instructor Clinic – SPRING 2021
2021 Basic Cruising / Start Keelboat Sailing Instructor Clinic Details:
Course Schedule: Course training will start online followed by in person training. Course starts online and runs Mondays ,7 – 9:30 PM on March 15, 29, April 5, 12, 19, 26 and May 3, 2021; In person Dates in Ottawa May 21 – 24, 2021.
2021 Course Cost: $1055 (Incl. tax. Fees split into two portions: $230 payable to Ontario Sailing and the balance owed to Advantage Boating).
Registration (with Advantage Boating): $825 (Incl. tax). CLICK HERE TO REGISTER with Advantage Boating.
Registration (with Ontario Sailing): $230 (Incl. tax) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER with Ontario Sailing
Check out the Basic Cruising Instructor Standard.
2021 Intermediate Cruising Instructor Clinic Details:
Course Date: TBD (last year year the clinic took place June 12 – 14, 2020)
2021 Course Cost: TBD ($980.00 with the fees split into two portions):
Initial Registration – Instructor Clinic Deposit: TBD (in 2020 cost was $162.00) payable to Ontario Sailing. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Balance Payment – Instructor Clinic Balance: TBD (in 2020 cost was $818.00) payable to Advantage Boating and due 60 days prior to the start of the clinic. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Check out the Intermediate Cruising Instructor Standard
To Register: Please reach out to us at Advantage Boating and then contact Ontario Sailing.
To help complete your prerequisites…
- For Basic Coastal Navigation, Intermediate Coastal Navigation, Plotting Symbols, VHF Operator’s Certificate contact Advantage Boating at 613-721-8683 or by email.
- For your Standard First Aid & CPR (level A) – contact St. John Ambulance at 613-722-2002 or Red Cross at 613-560-7220 to register for a course.
- Basic Cruising student standard
- Intermediate Cruising student standard
- Advanced Cruising student standard (Advantage Boating is offering an Advanced Course February 1 – 8 , 2020 in the British Virgin Islands – Contact us for more information)