Have you ever thought about being able to share the joy and beauty of our sport? Do you enjoy teaching others? Then it may be time to consider becoming a Sail Canada certified instructor.
Steps for becoming a Sail Canada Cruising Instructor: Sail Canada Instructor
We are looking for enthusiastic instructors who are eager to share their passion of sailing with others!
We host the following levels:
- Basic Instructor Re-certification – contact us for more details.
- Basic Cruising Instructor Clinic – May 20-23, 2022 in Ottawa with additional online theory class prior to the start of the clinic.
- Start Keelboat Sailing Instructor Clinic – Not offered in 2022
- Intermediate Cruising Instructor Clinic – May 27-29, 2022 in Kingston
2022 Basic Cruising / Start Keelboat Sailing Instructor Clinic Details:
Course Schedule: Course training will start online followed by in person training. Course starts online and runs over 6 – 8 evening starting mid-March 2022; In person / on-water session will take place in Ottawa May 20-23.
2022 Course Cost: $1055 tax included (Fees split into two portions: $230 payable to Ontario Sailing and $825 payable to Advantage Boating).
REGISTRATION: Space in our instructor courses is limited so reserve your spot today:
STEP 1: Complete Registration with Advantage Boating: $825 (tax included). Space is CLICK HERE TO REGISTER with Advantage Boating.
STEP 2: Registration (with Ontario Sailing): $230 (tax included) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER with Ontario Sailing
Check out the Basic Cruising Instructor Standard.
2022 Intermediate Cruising Instructor Clinic Details:
Course Date: May 27 – 29, 2022
2022 Course Cost: $987 tax included (fees split into two portions: $162 payable to Ontario Sailing and $825 payable to Advantage Boating
REGISTRATION: Space is limited so register today to reserve your spot.
STEP 1: Registration with Advantage Boating: $825 (tax included) payable to Advantage Boating and due 60 days prior to the start of the clinic. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
STEP 2: Registration (with Ontario Sailing): $162 (tax included) payable to Ontario Sailing. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Check out the Intermediate Cruising Instructor Standard
To help complete your Instructor Clinic prerequisites…
- For Basic Coastal Navigation, Intermediate Coastal Navigation, Plotting Symbols, VHF Operator’s Certificate contact Advantage Boating at 613-721-8683 or by email.
- For your Standard First Aid & CPR (level A) – contact St. John Ambulance at 613-722-2002 or Red Cross at 613-560-7220 to register for a course.
- Basic Cruising student standard
- Intermediate Cruising student standard
- Advanced Cruising student standard