Have you ever thought about being able to share the joy and beauty of our sport? Do you enjoy teaching others? Then it may be time to consider becoming a Sail Canada certified instructor.
Steps for becoming a Sail Canada Cruising Instructor: Sail Canada Instructor
We are looking for enthusiastic instructors who are eager to share their passion of sailing with others!
We host the following levels:
- Basic Instructor Re-certification – contact us for more details.
- Basic Cruising Instructor Clinic – SPRING 2021
- Intermediate Cruising Instructor Clinic – SPRING 2021
2021 Basic Cruising Instructor Clinic Details:
Course Date: TBD; Starting in March, weekly Zoom meetings followed by 1 weekend in Ottawa (Friday-Sunday) for the on-the-water session.
2021 Course Cost: TBD (in 2020 the cost was $1048.00 HST incl. with the fees split into two portions)
Initial Registration – Instructor Clinic Deposit: TBD (in 2020 cost was $230.00) payable to Ontario Sailing CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Balance payment – Instructor Clinic Balance: TBD (in 2020 cost was $818.00) payable to Advantage Boating and due 60 days prior to the start of the clinic. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Check out the Basic Cruising Instructor Standard.
2021 Intermediate Cruising Instructor Clinic Details:
Course Date: TBD (last year year the clinic took place June 12 – 14, 2020)
2021 Course Cost: TBD ($980.00 with the fees split into two portions):
Initial Registration – Instructor Clinic Deposit: TBD (in 2020 cost was $162.00) payable to Ontario Sailing. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Blance pyament – Instructor Clinic Balance: TBD (in 2020 cost was $818.00) payable to Advantage Boating and due 60 days prior to the start of the clinic. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Check out the Intermediate Cruising Instructor Standard
To Register: Please reach out to us at Advantage Boating and then contact Ontario Sailing.
To help complete your prerequisites…
- For Basic Coastal Navigation, Intermediate Coastal Navigation, Plotting Symbols, VHF Operator’s Certificate contact Advantage Boating at 613-721-8683 or by email.
- For your Standard First Aid & CPR (level A) – contact St. John Ambulance at 613-722-2002 or Red Cross at 613-560-7220 to register for a course.
- Basic Cruising student standard
- Intermediate Cruising student standard
- Advanced Cruising student standard (Advantage Boating is offering an Advanced Course February 1 – 8 , 2020 in the British Virgin Islands – Contact us for more information)