Enjoy the luxury and overnight accommodation aboard a bigger boat!
The larger C&C 27 MKIII sailboats have wheel steering, furling genoas, inboard engines, galley, BBQ, onboard head and of course sleeping accommodations for overnight river cruises!
The current ‘big boat’ fleet consists of a C&C 27 MKIII at NSC (Glayva) and a C&C 27 MKIII at BYC (Pier Pressure).
Easy requirements to join the Advantage Boating “Big Boat” Sail Share program include:
- The following certifications (or equivalent):
- Completion of Sail Canada Intermediate Cruising standard or higher level
- Sail Canada Coastal Navigation standard or equivalent
- VHF-ROC(M) Radio License & PCOC Certification
- Minimum 2 years with the “Small Boat” Sail Share program or have equivalent sailing experience (for overnight bookings)
- Being a member of one of our host clubs Britannia Yacht Club (BYC) or Nepean Sailing Club (NSC)
- Attending Advantage Boating’s 3 hour boat orientation session
We offer all the courses to satisfy these requirements. Pro-rated membership fees are offered if you join later in the season.
The Big Boat program accommodates a maximum of 8 memberships at each club – NSC & BYC. The boats are comfortable cruising boats are can be reserved online similar to the other boats with the additional benefit that they can be booked for overnight usage on weekdays and weekends.
Primary Skipper Qualifications: $1,708 + HST (full privileges)
Partner Skipper Qualification: $1,025 + HST (must register with a Primary Skipper, limited privileges)
**Additional fees will be levied for maintenance if pump-outs or servicing of head is required
Note 1: Two Sail Share Skippers are required for a boat to leave the dock.
Note 2: Partner memberships are limited to family who register for Sail Share (at the same time) and reside at the same home address. Partner memberships do not have boat booking privileges.
Note 3: Sail Share fees are non-refundable after July 1, 2020
Make this your best sailing season ever! Please enquire early as our Sail Share spots sell out.
Register: Call 613-721-8683 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.