Did you know that it is illegal to operate a marine VHF radio without a license? Learn how to communicate and handle emergency situations on a VHF marine radio. This short course will cover all aspects of radio operation.
- Evening Classroom Course – Materials are handed out on the first night. Course is taught over 2 evenings. On the 3rd evening, we do a review, Q&A and write the exam. Results are available on that night.
- Evening Zoom Classroom Courses – Materials are provided ahead of time. Course is taught over 2 evenings with the exam taking place the 2nd half of the 2nd evening. Exam is completed over Zoom and results will be mailed to you within a week.
- Home Study – Material are sent out to you. You study at your own pace. When you are ready contact Advantage Boating to book a time/date to write your exam (can be done online via Zoom)
- Challenge – You are looking just to write the exam. No course materials will be sent to you. Simply contact Advantage Boating to book a time/date to write your exam in Ottawa during our business hours.
- Classroom – $185.00 + HST – View Schedule!
- COVID-19 UPDATE: We will be teaching our next class (VHF5) online via ZOOM, November 6 & 13, 6 – 9 PM EST each evening – Register for VHF5
- Home Study – $185.00 + HST – Register Today!
- Challenge – $145.00 + HST – Register Today!
CERTIFICATION AWARDED: VHF (ROC-M) + DSC