Does everyone on board know how to call for help?
VHF-ROC(M) + DSC
Learn how to communicate and handle emergency situations on a VHF marine radio. This short course will cover all aspects of radio operation. By knowing how to call for help on the VHF radio, this course could save your life. To operate a marine radio, it is required by law to have the Restricted Operator Certificate.
- Evening Classroom Course – Materials are handed out on the first night. Course is taught over 2 evenings. On the 3rd evening, we do a review, Q&A and write the exam. Results are available on that night.
- Evening Zoom Classroom Courses – Materials are provided ahead of time. Course is taught over 2 evenings with the exam taking place the 2nd half of the 2nd evening. Exam is completed over Zoom and results will be mailed to you within a week.
- Home Study – Material are sent out to you. You study at your own pace. When you are ready contact Advantage Boating to book a time/date to write your exam (can be done online via Zoom)
- Challenge – You are looking just to write the exam. No course materials will be sent to you. Simply contact Advantage Boating to book a time/date to write your exam in Ottawa during our business hours.
- Classroom – $185.00 + HST – View Schedule!
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Until further notice, we will continue to teach our VHF classes online via ZOOM,
- Home Study – $185.00 + HST – Register Today!
- Challenge – $155.00 + HST – Register Today!
CERTIFICATION AWARDED: VHF (ROC-M) + DSC