It’s time to get your feet wet & discover sailing! This course will be for those who have no prior sailing experience and wish to find out what sailing is all about. Bring your enthusiasm and be prepared to have fun! You’ll be surprised to see just how affordable sailing can be.
OBJECTIVE: In this course you will be introduced to sailboat parts, how to rig a sailboat, the principals of how a sailboat moves through the water using the wind, local navigation, seamanship skills, boat handling under sail and power, reefing, heaving to, anchoring, docking and crew overboard procedures. By the end of this course you will be able to safely sail in familiar waters as crew of a small sailboat in moderate wind and sea conditions by day.
14 Hour Format:
- Offered in Ottawa on weekdays, weekends or evenings
- Maximum of 4 students per boat
- Courses taught aboard our 22 – 24 foot keelboats: Tanzer, Sonar, or Shark
- Minimum of 2 students required for each course.
* Quelques uns de ces cours sont aussi offerts en français. Communiquez avec nous pour obtenir plus de détails.
PREREQUISITE: None; Physical Requirements.
OPTIONS: Weekends, Weekday, Evenings.
FEE: Ottawa: $405.00 + HST. View Schedule
CERTIFICATION AWARDED: Sail Canada Start Keelboat Sailing Standard.
Get Started Now!
- Review the course schedule to find a class that suits your needs.
- Register by adding your course choice to your shopping cart and proceeding to the checkout or calling the office at 613-721-8683.
- Take the on water course and complete course handouts to obtain certification.
- Next Steps once you’ve completed your Start Keelboat Sailing course.