Do you want to sail in International waters? Make sure you have the appropriate certification and documentation to sail around the world!
International Yacht Training (IYT) is a global leader in marine certification. Advantage Boating is an IYT partner school and offers two IYT certifications:
1. International Certificate of Competency (ICC <24m Sail, <10m Power Coastal certification) : It is now mandatory to hold a recognized International Certificate of Competency (ICC) if you wish to charter a boat in certain European and Caribbean countries. The ICC is a product of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Resolution 40. The ICC provides documentary assurance from one Government to another that the holder meets the levels of competence laid down in Resolution 40.
2. International Bareboat Skipper (Sail) certification from IYT proves the level of competence that one requires when operating vessels:
1. Up to 24 metres
2. In coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore
3. In daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions.
1. IYT International Certificate of Competency (ICC only): Available to those who already hold their Intermediate Sail Canada certification or the equivalent. You will be required to write the ICC exam and then undergo a 3-hour on the water assessment.
FEE: $399 + HST – ICC certification only
2. IYT ICC and IBS (International Bareboat Skipper – Sail) Certifications: These certifications are available to those that participate in our 6-day Intermediate Cruising course. Study material will be provided and topics will be discussed throughout the course. Candidates will have their afloat skills assessed during the Intermediate course but will be required to write an additional exam.
FEE: $275 + HST – ICC certification added to Intermediate Cruising Course
FEE: $360 + HST – ICC & IBS certification added to Intermediate Cruising Course