This program places emphasis on practical training in a live aboard format. This course is highly recommended for people who are interested in chartering or owning a boat. Gain valuable experience while cruising to a different destination and enjoy a different anchorage each night. Continue to improve your sailing skills in a vacation-like setting!
OBJECTIVE: To be able to cruise safely in familiar waters as both skipper and crew of a sailing yacht of 8 – 12 meters in moderate wind and sea conditions by day. Emphasizes on-the-water skills at a level acceptable for bareboat chartering.
- Kingston one week – 6-day / 5-night continuous live-aboard cruise in the Kingston/Thousand Islands area.
- Kingston weekend challenge – A Weekend Intensive/Challenge course in the Kingston/Thousand Islands area.
**If you already have extensive live-aboard sailing experience but would like to attain certification to back-up your experience then the intensive weekend Intermediate Cruising course is the format for you. **.
- Caribbean – Seven days in the Caribbean during the winter months.
- 6 day / 5 night Live Aboard – $1175 + HST (includes textbook, provisioning extra)
- Weekend Challenge – $750 + HST (please contact the office at 613-721-8683 to arrange, provisioning extra)
- Caribbean Location – Fee varies depending on Caribbean location (Visit our Sailing Vacation for up to date information).
NOTE: Our Kingston courses requires a minimum of three students to run (3 single sailors, 2 couples, 1 couple & 2 single).
IYT ICC and Bareboat certifications can be added on to your intermediate cruising course. IYT learning materials will be provided before your course. The afloat assessment will be conducted during your intermediate course however an additional written test will be required. *Additional costs apply.
CERTIFICATION(S) AWARDED: Sail Canada Intermediate Standard. Optional: IYT ICC & International Bareboat Skipper certifications